Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Are You Ready For The Summer?

I sure was when my mother and I headed to the Mets home opener. Unfortunately, it was freezing cold and drizzling. It was the beginning of April, though, so the game was more a symbolic unofficial start of summer anyway.

Citifield, the Mets' new(ish) stadium:

Mets-Opening Day 2011 (1 of 17)

Mets-Opening Day 2011 (2 of 17)

Mets-Opening Day 2011 (5 of 17)

The Mets' homerun apple which comes out when a Met gets a homerun. Unfortunately, I did not get to see it once the game started.

Mets-Opening Day 2011 (4 of 17)

The National Anthem:

Mets-Opening Day 2011 (7 of 17)

The flag is held by service men and women.

Mets-Opening Day 2011 (9 of 17)

And some action shots. To be honest, these were a lot harder to take than I imagined. In order to keep my shutter speed up high enough to avoid blur, I had to hike my ISO up to 1600 on some of these, and the game was at 1pm.

See the ball in the air in the next two shots?

Mets-Opening Day 2011 (11 of 17)

Mets-Opening Day 2011 (16 of 17)

Adding the next picture to  Sweet Shot Tuesdays and The Happiness Project since going to baseball games makes me happy.

Mets-Opening Day 2011 (15 of 17)

David Wright scores!

Mets-Opening Day 2011 (13 of 17)

But sadly, the Mets lost. : (

Mets-Opening Day 2011 (6 of 17)

I am submitting the above to Pulling My Mask's Off Photography Challenge: Simplicity.

But I still love them.


Photobucket"

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and your sweet comment. Nice to meetcha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos! I would love to take photos like these at a baseball game sometime... :)
    Love the last shot! Thanks for linking it up!

    ReplyDelete