Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Red Hook, Brooklyn-Part 1

I know it's been a while since I blogged, but I've been really busy and have fallen behind with processing my photos.  Ooops.  And I still have to process all of my photos from June through September.  Ooops again.  In October I participated in Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photowalk and I actually edited those photos, though, because there is a competition and, well, I'm pretty competitive.

I have a lot of photos so I will spread them out over a few posts.

I joined the Red Hook, Brooklyn walk. Red Hook used to be an extremely dangerous area. Life Magazine referred to it as the "crack capital of America" in the 1990s. It started to change about 10 years ago. Artists started moving in, and then Ikea moved in in 2008, and it actually became a destination for New Yorkers. I am calling this particular post "Urban Suburbia" because I think these photos reflect the changing climate in Red Hook today. (Don't worry. I don't usually name my photos. I'm not that pretentious.)

Red Hook (21 of 75)

Red Hook (23 of 75)

Red Hook (20 of 75)

Red Hook (18 of 75)

Red Hook (19 of 75)

Red Hook (9 of 75)

Red Hook (10 of 75)

Red Hook (48 of 75)

Red Hook (47 of 75)

Red Hook (45 of 75)

Red Hook (44 of 75)


Red Hook (41 of 75)

Red Hook (66 of 75)

Red Hook (65 of 75)

Red Hook (63 of 75)

Red Hook (54 of 75)

Red Hook (55 of 75)

No comments:

Post a Comment